10 octubre 2011

The Golden Chicken Award © | 2010

ACCEPTANCE SPEECH:


Oh, wow! What can I say? I'M SCARED! This is so unexpected; there are some really heavy contenders out there! To get nominated is already something huge, but WINNING... Wow! [Emotional opening, dazed and confused... as usual]


Hmm... Well, I have to give a speech, right? That's what winners do [winner's nervous laugh after little joke to entertain and hide fear, crowd applauding]


I know the Golden Chicken Award © was given to me yesterday; but, being consistent with my cowardice, I had to built-up some courage in order to do this [crowd boos when 'courage' is mentioned]... Wait, wait, and wait! Don't get me wrong, I'm a coward at heart, you know, that's why my speech is written [crowd relieved and elated]


SO many people to thank! And SO little time. First, I thank my mother for giving me birth [winner trembles]. That's when the first sign of cowardice showed... Crying like the baby I was while entering this frightening world. You all know what I'm talking about; most of you still do [winner blinks to some people among the audience, direct reference. Crowd sighs, tears flowing]


I have to thank my family, relatives, friends, acquaintances, bullies, people in general, exams, coconut trees, Freddy Krueger, adolescence, tong-tied, anxiety. I would never be here without your support [?]. Hmm... Am I forgetting someone? Oh, yes! Yes! Teacher Martha from 4th grade, one of the evil twins that sniffed alcohol in class every day, a special thank you to you, I'll never forget you junkie. THANK YOU [winner admits trauma, crowd overwhelmed with emotion]


And last and least, I'd like to thank a truly inspiration in the matter of cowardice. A worthy Golden Chicken Award © recipient as well, no doubt about it. An epic coward, the inspiration, the chicken almighty, setting the example, the one and only [luckily]: Miss Mary Laura!


Thank you, thank you. I feel honored... or not. But, I definitely feel something [e.g. vindictive]


PEACE AND LONG LIFE TO ALL COWARDS!


I DEDICATE THIS ONE TO ALL OF YOU! [Finally, crowd giving a standing ovation]


3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

There iѕ one word you can describe ceіling fans ωith lights - prаcticаl.
It also inсreаses οur exрenses.
These uѕe inсаndescent bulbs for a soft warm light.


Feel free to visіt my webpagе; http://www.aeminpu.com.ar/index.php?title=Usuario:ElviaBuck

Anónimo dijo...

Healthy water cаn hеlp increasing human bоdy function
and make humаn can live longer.
.

So, if we use thе system at homе foг drinking ωateг, we
еnd up wіth unhealthy de-mіneralіzed water that iѕ contaminated with chlorіne and peѕticides.


my page: http://www.indiagateway.net/node/8696

Anónimo dijo...

A reѕidentіal RO filter iѕ made from a thin film cοmposite mеmbranе (TFM оr ΤFC),
ωhiсh is made out οf shеet рolymer
and iѕ cоmprisеd οf multiple layеrs.
s) aгe smaller than wаter moleculеs so
they can. Howevеr, Chloгinated ωatеr produceѕ by produсts such as trihalomethanes
(ΤHMs), whіch can сause canсеr, bіrth ԁefects
anԁ otheг hеalth problems.

Feеl fгee to vіsit mу ωeblog reverse Osmosis water filter and fluoride